✓ Gluten Free
With the starchy goodness of potatoes, refreshing sweetness of corn, and festive drizzle of homemade sauce to top it off, these Potato and Corn Tacos with Baja Crema will surely become a fast favorite. Our featured spice, Organic Baja Seasoning, adds a unique and zesty character to the dish, while the veggies provide a structured, sweet and savory flavor profile to keep you interested and fill you up with every bite.
About Organic Baja Seasoning: Offering a fresh and delicious coastal spritz of flavor to this traditional potato dish, our PSC Organic Baja Seasoning is the real standout in this recipe. Not only is it a vital ingredient to our iconic Baja Crema, this seasoning brings a memorable, feisty flavor to any fish or veggie dish.
Ingredients for Baja Crema
½ cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp PSC Organic Baja Seasoning
¼ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
Ingredients for Tacos
2 large russet potatoes, peeled, diced
3/4 cup canned corn, drained, rinsed
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp PSC Garlic Salt
½ tsp cumin, ground
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
8 soft small corn tortillas
oil, for frying
1 cup shredded cabbage
Cilantro, chopped (optional)
Lime wedges (optional)
Steps for Baja Crema
- In a small mixing bowl, add sour cream, mayonnaise, PSC Organic Baja Seasoning and fresh chopped cilantro. Mix together until well combined. Try the mixture, add salt or lime to taste.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Steps for Tacos
- Peel and dice the potatoes then place them in a medium pot and cover them with water.
- Place the pot on medium heat and bring to a gentle boil. Cover with a lid and cook until potatoes are soft (about 20 minutes).
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Add the drained corn, butter, garlic salt, ground cumin, 1/4 cup Baja Crema, and salt and pepper. Mash together until smooth and well combined. Try the mixture, add additional salt and butter to taste.
- Wrap the corn tortillas in a damp, clean tea towel and microwave for 30 seconds. This will soften the tortillas.
- Spread 1 tbsp of the mash evenly over half of a tortilla. Gently fold the other half over the top of the mash and press down gently. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Add ½ inch of oil to a frying pan and place on medium heat. Test to see when the oil is hot by dropping a small piece of bread into the oil. If it sizzles, the oil is ready.
- Use a large slotted spoon to carefully lower the folded potato tacos into the oil. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Arrange the Potato and Corn Tacos on a serving plate, fill with cabbage, drizzle with the Baja Crema.
- Top with freshly chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 8 Tacos
Make it zesty: Cut half a lime and rub it over the tortilla before heating in the microwave for extra lime zest
Experiment: Baja Crema tastes great on all types of fish and veggie dishes, so next time you make Fish or Shrimp tacos, whip up a batch of Baja Crema to drizzle on top!