✓ Dairy Free
✓ Gluten Free* Optional
With an inviting family-style spread of pan fried chicken marinated in baharat seasoning, served with fresh veggies and tahini dip, this dish is as lovely to present as it is to eat. While the chicken and pita quench your comfort-food cravings, the drizzle of tahini adds a nutty complexity and the ripe tomato and cucumber leaves you feeling fully refreshed. A little sweet, a little smoky, and a little tangy, our Baharat Chicken Pita with Tahini Dressing will add a flourish to your weekly routine. The best part? This colorful, flavorful dish is fully customizable; so start with our recipe and make it your own!
About Baharat Spice Blend: Translated, the word ‘baharat’ means ‘spices’, referring to a blend of regional spices often used in Middle Eastern cuisine. Although it’s common for the recipe to vary between regions, baharat maintains the smoky, sweet, and fragrant flavor profile that Middle Eastern food is known for. Dust any vegetable or meat dish with our PSC Baharat Spice Blend to add complexity, depth, and faraway flavor to any dish.
Ingredients for Baharat Chicken
2 large chicken breasts cut widthwise into thin slices
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp PSC Baharat Spice Blend
1tsp garlic powder
Ingredients for Tahini Dressing
1/3 cup tahini
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1/3 cup water
Ingredients for Salad
2 salad tomatoes
freshly chopped mint
salt and freshly ground pepper
olive oil and lemon juice
2 pita bread*
- Baharat Chicken: Cut the chicken breasts widthwise into thin slices and place in mixing bowl. Add olive oil, PSC Baharat Spice Blend and garlic powder. Mix together to fully coat chicken. Cover and chill in fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Tahini Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, and mustard. Continue to mix and gradually add water until the dressing is thick but nearly pourable. Salt to taste and set aside.
- Salad: Slice the cucumber and tomato and place in serving bowl. Add fresh mint, salt, and pepper. Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice, and toss until fully mixed. Set aside.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge, place frying pan on medium heat.
- When pan is hot, carefully transfer the marinated chicken to the pan and stir fry for 5 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Add extra oil if needed.
- Place cooked chicken on pita bread.
- Add salad, a drizzle of tahini dressing, a sprinkle of sumac, and serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Make gluten free:Use your favorite gluten free flatbread or serve it up with extra veggies to make it a salad!
Make it your own: Add olives, cucumbers, feta, and any other toppings you crave!