Hearty, filling, and bold in flavor, these pan-fried potato latkes are perfectly crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, and a unique and tasty way to make your Hanukkah menu stand out.
Using our PSC Holiday Spiced Herb Mix, we bring the flavors of oregano, garlic, onion, chilies, thyme, and rosemary to add savory, mouthwatering depth to this holiday favorite. Better still, we made this recipe simple by using pre-grated potatoes in place of whole potatoes, and we did so without sacrificing taste.
So serve them hot with sour cream and applesauce, and make more potato latkes than you need!
About PSC Holiday Spiced Herb Mix: A savory, herby blend with oregano, garlic, onion, chilies, thyme, and rosemary. This product is an all-in-one seasoning for any savory cold-weather favorite, from roasted potatoes, to vegetables, and even poultry.
1 12oz bag of raw hash browns, grated, plain
1 onion, grated
4 eggs, extra large
1 cup matzo meal
2 cups vegetable broth
2 Tbsp PSC Holiday Spiced Herb Mix
1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients together (except the oil) in a large pot and let sit overnight. This will give the hash browns time to absorb the spices and broth.
- Place oil in a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, scoop mixture into the pan and fry. Press the mixture down with a spatula to form a latke of your desired thickness.
- Once the latke is brown and crispy (about 4-5 mins) flip and fry until both sides are brown and crispy. Adjust the heat if necessary.
- Warm your oven and line a baking sheet with paper towels. Set finished potato latkes on the baking sheet and in the oven until they’re ready to serve.
- Serve with fresh apple sauce and/or sour cream.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 12 Latkes