✓ Dairy Free
✓ Gluten Free *Optional
With savory filling in a fresh, crunchy envelope, these Five Spice Turkey Lettuce Wraps will satisfy your appetite without weighing you down. A simple, nutrient-dense family favorite, our bold and fragrant take on a traditional lettuce wrap will not disappoint. Our featured spice, Chinese Five Spice Blend brings this dish to life and leaves behind a lingering reminder that will keep you coming back for second helpings.
About Chinese Five Spice Blend: This traditional blend was originally considered to be a cure-all miracle powder, encompassing the five taste elements; sour, bitter, sweet, pungent, and salty. Our PSC Chinese Five Spice Blend is an intriguing fusion of cinnamon, cloves, fennel seed, star anise, and allspice that will compliment any asian-inspired dish.
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 pound ground turkey*
1 Tbsp soy sauce*
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1 Tbsp PSC Chinese Five Spice
2 tsps PSC Sriracha Blend
2 cloves garlic
3 scallions, thinly sliced
6 ounces mushroom, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup shredded carrots
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 heads bibb lettuce leaves, separated, covered, chilled
cilantro, chopped for serving
lime, sliced for serving
sesame seed, for serving
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger powder, PSC Chinese 5 Spice and PSC Sriracha Blend to make your sauce.
- Drizzle oil into a large skillet and add garlic, scallions, mushrooms, and carrots. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked ground turkey and sauce. Cook this filling until the liquid is almost completely reduced. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop the filling into lettuce leaves and garnish each one with cilantro. Add a generous squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of sesame seed.
- Hold, fold, and enjoy!
🔥To add a little extra heat, sprinkle more PSC Sriracha Blend to taste.
Make them vegetarian: Vegetarian? No problem! Omit the ground turkey and add more vegetables like zucchini, cauliflower, and peppers.
Make them gluten-free: Gluten-free? Easy! Simply substitute soy sauce for a gluten-free alternative like liquid amino acids or tamari.
Make them ahead of time: Five Spice Turkey Lettuce Wraps can be refrigerated for up to one day, which means you can cook them ahead of time and save your leftovers!