From cauliflower wings to jackfruit tacos, the meatless food trend is here to stay. Our chickpea burgers with tahini lemon sauce prove that you don’t have to compromise flavor to enjoy a plant-based burger. Packed with protein and a symphony of delicious spices and herbs, these patties are in a class of their own. These chickpea burgers are not only a celebration of flavor, they are oh-so-easy to make; don’t be surprised if they become a weekly dinnertime staple.
About PSC Beetroot Powder: This dried powder is one of the most versatile products you can have in your kitchen, and it’s what gives our chickpea patties their classic pink (meat-like) color. Blend it into smoothies, sauces, or sprinkle over salads or yogurt for a little natural sweetness, color, and nutrition.
About PSC Dehydrated Carrots: Bring the hearty flavor of carrots to any dish with this vibrant product. Great for soups, stews, and casseroles!
Ingredients for Patties
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 onion, diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
3 tbsp flour, extra for dusting
Pinch of salt
1 tsp PSC Granulated Garlic
1 tsp PSC Beetroot Powder
1 tsp PSC Cumin Ground
1 tsp PSC Ground Coriander
2 tsp PSC Dehydrated Carrots
1/4 tsp PSC Cayenne Pepper, Hot
1 tbsp oil
Ingredients for Sauce
4 burger buns cut in half and lightly toasted
2 large beef tomatoes sliced
Handful of arugula
- Set up a food processor with the chopping blade.
- Add the chickpeas, onions, cilantro leaves, flour, salt, garlic, beetroot, cumin, coriander, carrots, and cayenne pepper into the food processor. Blend until fully combined.
- Scoop the mixture onto a clean work surface. Dust your hands with flour then divide it into quarters. Shape each quarter into a patty.
- Place the patties onto a tray and chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. While patties are chilling, make the sauce.
- In a small bowl mix together the tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, salt, mint, and chives. Set to one side.
- Place a large frying pan on a medium heat and add oil. When oil is hot, place the chilled burgers in the pan and cook each side for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Finally, build your burgers. Separate your burger buns and spread 1-2 tbsp of tahini lemon sauce on the bottom half of each bun. Place a cooked burger on top of the sauce.
- Top the burger with slices of tomatoes and arugula. Pop the bun top on to serve!.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 patties
Double the recipe! Freeze your leftover patties and reheat them for an easy meal.
Make it your own! Add pickles, cheese, pepperoncini peppers, greek olives, pesto, whatever your heart desires.